He, junction; gu, valley. This point is between the 1st and the 2nd metacarpal bones, location of the point is depressed as a valley.
On the dorsum of the hand, midway between the 1st and 2nd metacarpal bones, approximately in the middle of the 2nd metacarpal bone on the radial side.
- (1) main point for diseases of the head, face and the five sense organs, especially good for toothache.
- (2) relieving the pains of the whole body.
- (3) lowering the blood pressure.
- (4) relieving fever or cold, good for fever without sweating.
- (5) regulating sweating, good for anhidrosis and hidrosis.
- (6) good for delayed labour.
- (7) good for the ache or numbness of the upper extremities, especially for the disturbances of the hand movement.
- (1) Puncture perpendicularly 0.8-1.2 cun in the direction of the palm center.
- (2) If the disorder is in the thumb, puncture obliquely in the thumb.
- (3) Pregnant women is prohibited.